international blockchain olympiad 2021
International Blockchain Olympiad (IBCOL) is an annual competition for the students which has been arranged since 2018. The successful events of 2018, 2019, and 2020 have inspired the organizers to arrange the Olympiad in this year again.
To promote the olympiad along with the concept of blockchain throughout the globe, this year Bangladesh is going to organize the prestigious competition of blockchain. Blockchain Olympiad Bangladesh (BCOLBD) and International Blockchain Olympiad ( IBCOL) are expecting every talented individual out there who has a keen eye for the art of blockchain will participate in the upcoming event.
- Event Name: International Blockchain Olympiad
- Event Date: July 2nd to July 4th, 2021
- Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
INDIVIDUAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Students Only: Any current students or recent graduate may register as a competitor; a recent graduate is someone who was a student until 1 year ago (July 4th, 2019)
- No age limits: There is no age limit for participating in this event
- Representation: An individual may be attached to an academic institution by being enrolled in it; a recognized institution is an accredited educational institution or an institution that may grant a degree or diploma.
- Returning Participation: Previous individuals are eligible to compete.
TEAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Team Composition: Projects are submitted by teams of one to four eligible individuals; one participant can be part of more than one team; each team shall have a team lead, as the main contact person.
- Team Uniqueness: Each team must be unique, i.e., a team may not share more than 50% of the same composition as any other team, rounded to the lower number if the team is an odd number; team leads must be unique, i.e., one person cannot be the team lead of multiple teams.
- Team Representation: Each team must nominate one representative academic institution if team members are from different academic institutions.
- Returning Participation: Previous teams are eligible to compete
- Evaluation Stage:Primary evaluation will be based on whitepaper and posterboard. Selected projects will be in the finals.
- Grading Criteria: Each project shall be evaluated by the following three parts:
- 20% Pitch Presentation (10-min limit)
- 30% Whitepaper (10-page limit)
- 50% Poster + Q&A Session
- Prototype Grading Criteria: Proof of concept for parts of backend and frontend.
- Identity Application Domain: E-KYC, Reputation system, Birth Registration, Patent Identification
- Finance Application Domain: Pension, Payments, Stock Markets, Subsidies
- Land Application Domain: Mutation, Registration, Verification
- Expatriates Application Domain: Employments, Welfare, Remittance
- Agriculture Application Domain: Procurement, Disintermediation, Agricultural Insurance, Agricultural Product Provenance
- Commerce Application Domain: Consumer Protection, VAT, Fraud Detection of Consumer Products
- Health Application Domain: Privacy-preserving collection, Storage and retrieval of health data
- Banking/Insurance Application Domain: Digital Asset Management, Inter-bank Settlement, Trade finance (back to back L/C), P2P Lending, Anti-Money Laundering, Digital Currency, Credit rating, Insurance Policy Authentication
- Judiciary Application Domain: Securing Digital Evidence
- Supply Chain Application Domain: Agricultural Supply Chain, Medicine Supply Chain
- Document Verification Application Domain: Government Certificate, Educational Certificate
- Smart City Application Domain: Smart Infrastructures, Citizen Services
- Manufacturing Application Domain: Garments, RMG products or manufacturing goods provenance
- Infrastructure: Protection of Critical Information Infrastructure
PRIZES AND AWARDS
BEST OVERALL SOLUTION
- Gold Medal – Project with 1st Highest Overall Score
- Silver Medal – Project with 2nd Highest Overall Score
- Bronze Medal – Project with 3rd Highest Overall Score
- Best Whitepaper – Project with highest mark in whitepaper
- Best Prototype – Project with Technical Demo and Highest Posterboard Score
- Award of Merit – Project with Complete Solution